The Local Area
We highly recommend a stay in our part of Devon. We’re on the edge of the picturesque South Hams, and perfectly situated to reach Dartmoor on one side, and the coast on the other. Here are just a few of the highlights that we have so far enjoyed ourselves since living here:
- Take a boat trip down the river Dart from Totnes to Dartmouth (and try Alf Rescos for breakfast or Rockfish for lunch).
- Clamber up Haytor on Dartmoor, and then treat yourself to a Devon cream tea at the Cafe on the Green in nearby Widecombe.
- Discover the Dartington Estate for scenic walks, artists’ studios, cafe, restaurant and even a cosy cinema.
- Enjoy a freshly prepared evening meal at the Church House Inn in Marldon.
- Spend a day in the seaside town of Salcombe (about 35 minutes drive from Totnes).
There is a wide variety of accommodation nearby for all budgets. These are a few suggestions in the Totnes area:
- Dartington Hall on the Dartington Estate
- Durant Arms Inn at Ashprington
- Old Forge B&B in Totnes
- Tuckenhay Mill luxury self-catering cottages in Tuckenhay
More places to stay can be found at Visit Totnes.
Return to Visit main menu.